Monday, May 01, 2006

Holy Grant Money Batman!

Well as I said in my last entry, I got my class fees waived, and a credit for up to 20 units each semester, who takes 20 units in summer, I dunno, you'd have to be nutty. Well today I logged on to make sure my classes are still available (my registration date is may 11th, since I took such a long break), and oh my! I have $1,800 in grant checks approved..... EIGHTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS! I know that was like a months rent when I lived in San Jose, but down here that's more than my expenses for a month and a half (rent & car payment included)! I'm still a little in shock (boggles my mind that the state's paying me to attend college), but that'll cover books, gas, and mean I won't need to max out daycare capacity over the summer (I usually do for extra cash), so I can study more.

Evan is finishing his electives this week (Art, Science, Music &, History), and then it's just Phonics, Lit. & Math till summer. Over summer I;ve scheduled theme weeks (dinosaurs, ocean & beach, space, bugs etc.) and swim lessons for the kids. I have a Wens. Mommy & me pool class for Erik & I so off to shop for bathing suits. Right now I have this one in mind http://www.newport-news.com/shop/Product.asp?gpcatID=2012&pacatID=2014&subcatID=4804&catid=6891&superstyleID=233064&productindex=2&firstpagetypeid=&pageindex=0
but as always my mind is subject to change. I've come to terms that my figure no longer can pull off the $15 suits at walmart, but with weekly swimming, somehow $60 to make me look slimmer seems a steal. (~.^)
Looks like a busy summer ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home