Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Getting into our groove again

Today I attempted to wake up at a reasonable hour (that would be 10 am), and well.... I'm up. So far only 1 cup of caffeine in me, and the effects are minimal. I look at our handy-dandy schedule and see that today we're supposed to cover history, lit, phonics, math and music prep..... And I consider going back to bed. Instead I send him into his bedroom to practice piano for music credit, and cover history (wrapping up chapter on the Indians of the eastern woodlands), and we do a phonics review verbally (still waiting for his reading glasses). We only have 5 math lessons left in K math, and his 1st grade books have not arrived, so I toss a note to the teacher assigned to us, asking for a tracking number. We take a lunch break, and althought I wanna curl up and nap, I drink more caffeine and reflect on my addled brain. Evan asks to go to Chucky Cheese to use up the tokens left in their stockings ($5- worth), and it sounds like a good idea, there's a starbucks next door, and I have a giftcard from my aunt. So back to teach counting by 3's with the promise of skeeball and frappichinos fresh in our minds.

1 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger rebecca said...

are you guys just getting back into the swing of things after the christmas break?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home