Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The haircut

At Christmas, all of my family was blown away by something, me with short hair (just at my shoulders). Once I figure out how to post pics, I'll load one up.normally my hair is at my waist, but this year was different. Last November a dear friend of ours passed away suddenly from cancer. He was 25. In the last few days he & I spoke about oh everything, from his childhood, to how he just finished college, and only got 6 months to use the schooling his parents paid for. As a child he had leukemia, and he said he was always worried that the disease would win. After he passed on (the cancer had spread to his brain stem, and there was nothing that could be done), I was at a loss for both my friend, and what to do. So on Dec 23rd, I made the appointment to donate 14 inches of may hair to locks for love (which makes wigs for children undergoing chemotherapy). I think Ray would approve, and I feel both honored to know such a wonderful man, and sad that no one else will be touched by him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home