Wednesday, December 28, 2005

stranger still.....

As I have often said, it's never the kids, but always the parents that's the problem ones. Tonight was perhaps the best example yet. It's 10:30 pm at night and the doorbell rings, i think it's my last pick up for the night, but nope, it's Chris. Last summer I had his two kids for two weeks, which ended on july 1st when his ex shows up on my doorstep (joint custody) and is in full freak out mode. She thinks instead of his babysitter, I'm his new GF, and she's screaming out words unfit to retype. I finally get through to her that I'm his sitter not his honey, and that i don;t care who she SAYS she is, I need some ID and custody papers stating it's her day to pick them up. Apperantly getting carded made reality dawn on her, and she produces the documents. As all this is going on, Chris arrives from work, and she loses it again, and proceedes to assult him on my sidewalk, (while I'm calling the police AGAIN to come calm things down, takes them 20 more mins to show up). Well he apologizes profusely, files a report I give a statement, and he says he'll move the kids to a new sitter. Haven't seen him since then, untill tonight. He's on my doorstep with a dog, shivering. He's in a fight with his new GF and walked out (apperantly she "forgot" to tell him they were getting evicted, and she spent his paychecks on drugs), and he has a suitcase, and no place to spend the night. Allright.....
So we (hubby & I) agree to spend some of our AMEX gift cards from Christmas (goodbye new food processor) to get him a hotel room for the night (tomorrow he'll make arrangements to stay with a co-worker till he can get his own place). So I make him hot chocolate, explain that he can't stay here because of daycare regulations (techinaclly it's no unapproved guests for longer than 2 weeks, but I dont get technical). So Matt drives him to the motel next to his work, and tomorrow it's back to another day in this looney house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home