Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Student aid approved.

Well I called the school with my handful of questions, and of course I had to talk to 4 different depts to get them all answered. Well since I can claim minimal profit on my taxes (in childcare you can write off your entire home as a home office, so long as it's a room the kids or the business uses, I keep confidential files in a expand a file in my bedroom). I found out I have $520 in enrollment fees waived for the summer (that would be 20 units worth, 6 units is full-time for summer). Seems I also qualify for a pell grant, in which they simply send me a check. I was expecting something like a credit at the book store, but no, they mail a check. The check should arrive with the first week of each semester, so I'll have to buy my books (most likely on eBay) and then get "reimbursed" a week or two later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home